90mm Competition Wheel Stud, M12-1.5
These screw-in wheel studs can be used on BMWs that use an M12 wheel bolt from the factory. These will work accept up to 25mm hub-centric spacers, or no spacer at all. This product listing is for A SINGLE WHEEL STUD ONLY. Why use wheel studs instead of wheel bolts? Several reasons:
- Wheel studs are required by many racing bodies - because they are a better, safer way to ensure proper wheel engagement.
- Wheel studs are safer than wheel bolts because you can SEE when the stud is engaging the lug nut completely - a longer wheel stud sticks through the lug nut. A wheel bolt? Its a mystery... only way to know if is engaging the wheel hub completely is to remove it and count the threads when installing
- Wheel studs allow the use of a variety of hub-centric wheel spacers, or no spacers at all. Longer wheel bolts have to be tailor made to each wheel spacer width.
- Wheel studs stay engaged into the hub fur their entire life cycle. The repetitive installation and removal of wheel bolts can cause accelerated wear on the threaded holes on the (expensive to replace) wheel hubs.
- Installing wheels using wheel studs is considerably easier than when using wheel bolts, as the studs will locate the wheel while the nuts are being tightened.
- Our Competition wheel studs have an un-threaded bull nose that acts as a "speed start", allowing quicker lug nut installation and quicker pit stops.
The Competition Studs are black zinc phosphate plated for corrosion protection and long service life.
Specifics on the Wheel Stud:
- Certified by ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 9001
- Max Torque: 180Nm (132 lb-ft) - recommended torque on BMW apps using anti-seize is 80 lb-ft
- Coating: black zinc phosphate plating to 12 micron thickness, min.
- Ends have special "quick start" rounded nose with 10mm un-threaded section. Allows the quick starting of lug nuts onto studs.
- Install using Red Threadlocker (Loctite 262 or equivalent) to secure the studs to the wheel hub.
- Studs are made with M12x1.5 threads. M12x1.5 Lug Nuts are also available in OEM black
- Install studs into hubs with Loctite and torque until they bottom out onto the shoulder. Do not torque into hubs beyond 30 lb-ft. Torque lugs onto the studs with 80 lb-ft, using a light coating of anti-seize lubricant on the stud's threads.